He came at 8:57am on Wednesday, March 28 weighing 8lbs 10oz and 21 inches long. He cried right away and was calmed for the first time in Tyler's arms. He has been a dream since and we are absolutely in love.
It took us a while to decide on a name, but we are thrilled with it now that it's chosen!! Luke is a classic name that we just like and originates with the gospel writer who recorded the Savior's life, was physician and a Seventy. Newel is after my grandpa who passed away 3 years ago this April. We were very close and I miss him. He was a great example of many many things but I think most memorably of loving so well and treating everyone with kindness, warmth and interest.
He is healthy and I am too. This labor was MUCH easier than my experience with Caleb so I feel good. More details to come. Here are a few pictures from his birthday!
A hospital photographer took some pictures for free and you can view them here:
www.bellababyphotography.com with the password: 0328babyjohansen











Yeah for a big healthy boy! I've always loved the name Luke. And you can't go wrong with Newel, I loved what you said about Grandpa so true, I miss him so much. Glad you are feeling well and you mom is there.
ReplyDeleteHooray! So, so happy to hear the news!
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous Nicole! It makes me sick. :P So cute! What an adorable family you have!
ReplyDeleteHooray! Congrats to you all! He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou do look amazing! :) I never look anywhere near that good after labor! And I love Luke's name. He is so precious!
ReplyDeleteoh YAYYY!!! every day i ask rich and check your blog to see if you had your baby yet. he is SO cute and SO sweet! i love the pictures. can't wait to meet him. congrats nicole! you look great. such a sweet little family.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, beautiful baby, beautiful family. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to meet him! Hooray for not being pregnant AND having a healthy sweet baby to enjoy conference weekend with! You're a lucky, lucky lady.
ReplyDeleteyou look beautiful in those pictures!! I'm so thrilled!! I love that of Caleb kissing him and you! Congratulations!
ReplyDeletehow do you look like you didnt break a sweat!! And he was a big boy! Not to mention you continue to look go throughout all the pictures! I looked alert a couple hours after from adrenaline but then after that I just looked tired!!! I need your secret. Congrats! Luke is such a cute name!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Nicole! He is perfect. I hope everyone adjusts and recovers quickly! Do you guys know where you are going after graduation? I am not sure if Kimi told you or not, but we are going to Billings, too! Jeff and Ryan will both be working for the same practice. We are pretty excited! Good luck with everything in the next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteYay yay yay yay yay!!! He's SO sweet! I'm glad it was such a good experience for you! How fun to have your two cute little guys. You are such a beautiful mother.
ReplyDeleteNicole- you look SOOO pretty and Luke is so adorable! Congrats to you and Tyler and I hope everyone is doing well!
ReplyDelete