In addition to our Conference watching, we enjoyed a few other things:
1. The Dental Dash! Our first 5K in Pittsburgh. Tyler did really well, although he just barely missed his personal goal. :(

I did make by personal, but the goal was under 40 minutes, so that's not saying much!

Driving home we remembered that our last 5K together
Tyler ran faster, but threw up after.
And I walked it.
So despite our failures, it was actually an improvement. :) So we treated ourselves to Pamela's for breakfast (where these pictures were taken). YUM!
2. Sunday we had the traditional Newton Family Conference Egg Cassorole - delic! This was at TYLER'S request, which made me SO happy that he wants to continue this tradition with our family.
3. Saturday night, while Tyler was attending the Men's Session, I went to an Indian Dance Benefit Concert for the families of the victims of the terrorists attacks in India a few months ago (remember that?) My friend from work, Revati, danced and it was SO fun to go see her. She has a PhD in Computational Chemistry - seriously smart girl! But she tells me that EVERY Indian child (whether raised in India or here) learns to dance. I think that's so great! I loved watching them.

4. On Sunday afternoon, the weather was absolutely perfect! So we packed a lunch and had a picnic on the grass of our neighborhood elementary school. It was so wonderful. Nothing like picnics in the sun with your honey.
Hooray for a fabulous weekend!
The indian dance benefit sounds so fun! I'd love to see something like that!
ReplyDeleteI have that skirt - Love Target!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love 5ks (glad to hear Ty kept is breakfast down). Nice tshirts!