Yes, it was an April Fool's Day joke. The whole summer internship thing and everything about it. We really got you! Tyler and I cooked up the tale on our ride in to school the morning of the first. (I figured any pranking practice would do me well for the upcoming week with teenage girls.) We didn't really think anyone would fall for it. . .
Despite all my excitement, about three comments into it I already felt kinda guilty. I hurried Tyler to write the "Just kidding" post to relieve my I-just-lied-and-everyone-is-believing-it guilt. Sorry you can't visit us in Japan... at least not yet.
So to show my true sincerity, I'm giving you my new all-time favorite sugar cookie recipe. That may not seem like a big deal, but it will after you eat one. All the credit for this goes to my mother-in-law, Kim. Seriously, I LOVE this cookie. Here it goes:
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1/2 c shortening
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg (If you don't like nutmeg, you won't like these cookies.)
1/2 t soda
1/2 c sour cream (**I used light sour cream and loved it, but the recipe calls for regular.)
2 2/3 c flour
Mix it all together in the order listed. Roll out with generous flour. Cut out cute shapes. (I like hearts best.) Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Remove to cooling trays.
Hope you enjoy!!
Ha ha! Don't worry, for me at least, I suspected that it might be a joke so I waited for April 2nd to see if it was. I'll take the recipe though!
ReplyDeleteWe got together with your parents and Syd last night for dinner and I brought the subject up (I haven't checked your blog since). When none of them knew anything about it, I thought I was all in the know!
ReplyDelete