What do the Taco Liberty Bell, GMAIL Autopilot by Cadie, and the Navy Pilot Program Assistance-Ship-Thing all have in common.....
I don't know about you, but I think that if Taco Bell actually bought the Liberty Bell, that would be one of the savviest marketing campaigns EVER! To really make it work though, I think that they could actually hand out free tacos to everyone that took a tour of the Taco Liberty Bell. Nothing says independence like a tortilla, meat, and some melted cheese.
If anyone saw Google's new invention this year, it is called Autopilot. Here is how it works: After their ELIZA program reads 100 of your messages, you can adjust the response of the Autopilot in 4 different ways. 1. Capitalization 2. Tone 3. Brevity 4. Emoticon Use. Then, when you receive an email, it generates a response FOR you. It even works if someone else is using the program as well. Intuitively, the program will have a conversation with itself that will only last 4 emails per user. As Google phrased it themselves: "As more and more everyday communication takes place over email, lots of people have complained about how hard it is to read and respond to every message. This is because they actually read and respond to all their messages." So basically, you no longer respond to your messages. Secretly, I think this is part of Googles attempt to take over the world. (Note: Due to some confusion, let me clear it up for you...this isn't real.)
And thirdly, we come to the Navy Pilot Program Assistance-Ship-Thing. Unfortunately, this is where, if you haven't figured it out yet, that I tell you there is no such program. For those who believed us, you should know better than to believe such outlandish things on April 1st. I was really suprised at how many of you actually fell for it. Granted, the Navy does treat us nice, but they don't have that kind of money to spend, even if some of you think they do. Thank you for allowing us to enjoy our April Fools Day to all of its grand and splendid glory.
(Here are some other April Fools Day jokes/hoaxes that were really funny to read about:


You said you prayed about it! That means you involved God in your little lie! Shame on you.
ReplyDelete-Jeff
Haha... To clarify, we didn't actually pray about it (I had to make it believable!). I think that's a little less evil, don't you?
ReplyDeleteNicole, you're a punk. I honestly didn't think of April Fool's Day (as much as I would like to say that I had). I don't have a lot of contact with people during the day, so you're officially the only one who pulled one over on me. :)
ReplyDeleteShame on you two. I had my bags all but packed and would have met you at the door in Japan. YOu had me till the end and I read it on the 4th. love mom
ReplyDeleteI just saw your message on my blog. I didn't even see you wave at me, sorry I missed you! And I'm sorry you had to see my white white legs!
ReplyDeleteThat google auto response is going to get people in trouble, that's crazy!