Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby Room & 30 Weeks

Today marks my thirtieth week of pregnancy! Three quarters done (as long as you ignore the fact that you're not actually pregnant the first 2 weeks.)

The major parts of our baby room are done. I even have a vision of what to put on the walls!! Getting the vision is always the hardest part for me, especially when it comes to decorating.


The furniture looks black here, but it's actually dark brown. I never get over the beauty of dark brown wood.


I finally got to pull out all the random bags of clothes I've bought over the past six months, as well as the presents he's received, and put them in the drawers and in his closet. Look at all those boy colors!!


He already has 14 blankets - 15 including the bedding quilt! And I have enough fabric to make about 10 more for him... maybe that fabric could be used to make other things instead??


I'm getting so excited for my little man to arrive. I feel him there inside me all the time (which I love), but I can't wait to see him too. And I'm pretty sure my abdominal muscles wouldn't mind letting my arms heft his weight for a while. :)

8 comments:

  1. The nursery looks so great. I like the colors, very calming. And those 14 blankets will come in handy...I thought I had too many but they all got used since laundry is sometimes infrequently done at our house :) It sounds like you are all set to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That decor screams "Nicole's baby!" Your little man will be very comfy. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful! You are in the home stretch now. The nursery is beautiful and your little boy will love it. I noticed the fabric in the last picture- with lions and elephants on it! I used the exact same fabric to make burpies for my sister in law. I made some for myself too before Izzie was born and they have been my absolute favorite. Here is the link to the tutorial that I based mine off of: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2008/01/burp-cloth-tutorial.html

    I made mine a little more rounded. They turned out great! Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww his room is so cute!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so prepared, you are going to be a great mom! Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole it looks great! Perfect for your little man. And I LOVE your rocking chair!! It's perfect! You are going to be a great mama! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful - nice work mom and dad! Can't wait to be there when it is full of baby sounds and smells. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole--I LOVE the nursery. You are such a talented seamstress! What a lucky little boy! I love the dark wood too. That's what we have in our nursery, and it's awesome! Also, it's much easier to match different pieces of furniture with dark wood, since there aren't so many crazy shades of color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete