Dear Brain,
You are being silly.
I don't know exactly how or why you do what you do while I sleep - there are many different theories on this from the doctors - but the dreams as of late are quite unnecessary.
You see, I'm not going to completely forget about my baby all day long and not feed him, like you showed in my dream last night. That's just impossible. I won't be running around in a frantic mess every three days wondering where I put my baby, suddenly remembering that I have a baby, like you showed in my dream last night. He's not a pair of shoes. I won't just misplace him. And, we've been over this, but I'll say it again: I don't actually LIKE experiencing fear. Once again, I will remind you, you can leave that emotion out of our nightly rituals.
You are obviously very confused anyways, because two different ultrasound technicians have confirmed that our baby is a boy, not a girl. Why do you keep dreaming that the baby is a girl??
Exhibit #2 that you are very confused: babies can't be a carton of eggs. You played on your little stage that "she" was actually 12 eggs, that were dropped, broken, and then baked into a muffin. And suddenly all I had instead of a baby was a muffin.
This actually goes beyond fear to absolute absurdity. Where do you get this stuff from Brain?? Whatever you're reading, I think it's time to be done.
Yours (obviously),
Nicole
Aren't pregnancy dreams the worst? I hate the crazy dreams I have where I forget that I have kids for hours at a time, accidently leave on vacation without them, etc. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious! As is your brain. But it's not just you, I promise. :) I will never forget some of the doosies I've had.
ReplyDeleteI had some of those EXACT same dreams and many more that were just as weird.
ReplyDeletePregnancy dreams are the worst (and the craziest)!! Don't blame your brain, its innate. Hopefully you'll be cured in just a couple of months!
ReplyDeletepretty comical, but nontheless, I will pray that you have a healthy baby and not a muffin:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I have those crazy dreams toward the end of every pregnancy! I also have dreams that the baby comes out and can walk, talk, crawl, etc. And I'm always bawling in the dream because I missed out on having a BABY! And no--you won't actually forget to feed or hold the baby :)
ReplyDelete