I cried last night after getting home.
Yes, cried. ... Poor Tyler. He should win an award.
Why tears? Simply put: IT'S COLD. Very cold. In Phoenix it's warm. Very warm! It also helps that Phoenix was To-Do-List-less and carefree. My house welcomed me with a list of all my projects just waiting, still, to be done. It was a surprisingly somber night considering it was a night of reunion with my favorite person. Sad, I know.
Then this morning, after a night of third-trimester sleep, an early alarm, dropping off my sunshine for a day apart from me, and knowing I was headed back to work, I was feeling pretty cold inside. So I turned to my cure-all Balm of Comfort and again, it amazed me. In a few short moments, I found myself warm inside and oh so grateful. Here the Balm:
"The Lord God doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.
Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden."
2 Nephi 26: 24,25, 27, 28, Book of Mormon
Don't you just feel warmer inside?? I love the Lord. He is the one who never fails. He's always there and totally perfect. And He loves us! He loves us through and through and invites us to bask in His warmth and glory.
And I feel completely better.
2 Nephi 26: 24,25, 27, 28, Book of Mormon
Don't you just feel warmer inside?? I love the Lord. He is the one who never fails. He's always there and totally perfect. And He loves us! He loves us through and through and invites us to bask in His warmth and glory.
And I feel completely better.
I wish I had that attitude!
ReplyDeleteWell, we're glad to have you back. And at least you got back when the sun is actually shining! That's something, right?
ReplyDeleteThat was a sweet post. While getting married is the best/happiest thing ever, I think sometimes I am more emotional now. Or maybe more than sometimes. I think both of our husbands could use a reward. I hope you are doing well! We should actually talk sometime soon. You know, like on the phone! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your trip was fun, sorry you were sad - it happens. And husbands are the best for comforting tears:). Marie
ReplyDeleteNicole!! SAD!! CRYING!! Haha sorry - would it make you feel better if I told you it's pouring rain and freezing here? (it's not but...if you THOUGHT it was maybe you would feel better). Just think about the scorching temps and A/C bills we'll have in 6 months and you'll feel better ;-) It's funny. I was trying to get to wind down the other night and was all stressed out about money, family, all that stuff we talked about this weekend and I was reading in 1 Nephi where Lehi's family is all angry that they are out away from Jerusalem and they didn't know where their food was going to come from and that verse that says basically you'll have food and be fine and I STARTING BAWLING!! Honestly - always makes you feel good when you need it ;-)
ReplyDeleteSorry for the long comment...
It's good to have those moments when you just feel discouraged and God gives you that balm. I needed that right now. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete