First I would very much like to say that I hope you're having a fabulous day! I personally wish there was a little more sun and heat in Pittsburgh, but the sheer absence of snow ensures at least one corridor of joy in my heart today. What about you?
Secondly, I'd really like to know your opinions about Etsy. What kind of opinion, you ask? All kinds, I say. I want to know everything. When you buy things do they arrive in a timely manner? Are they as good/nice as the picture suggested? Do these things depend on the maker? Do you buy from Etsy regularly?

What about the selling side of Etsy? Have you ever sold things there? Do any strangers ever find your stuff? It seems like there are always 6,000+ entries for every category I search. So to sell on Etsy do you have to advertise your Etsy site to everyone you know because they are your only real potential customers?
And lastly, if I made some abstract art like this,

would each of you view its shopping cart a bunch of times so it looks really popular and some random person would buy it for lots and lots of money??
Just kidding about that last question. :)
But serious about the others. What do you think about Etsy?
Love you all,
Nicole
i LOVE etsy and brows there often! i have bought a few things and everything i've gotten has been great! as far as selling on there....like you said there are a billion types of almost everything sold so i think it would be hard to sell but people do it so it must work :)
ReplyDeleteI love Etsy. I have purchased jewelry, shower curtains, baby things, handmade stationary, etc.
ReplyDeleteI love it. It usually comes very quickly, and I've never had a problem with the item not being of good quality.
I have a ton of favorite sellers that I look at over and over just because I love their items so much!
Hi, don't really know you personally, but my husband and I grew up with Tyler, and I came across your blog linked to Micci Sumsion Sorensen's.
ReplyDeleteAnyway...
I loooove etsy. I don't sell because I'm not crafty, but I buy there at least once a month. So far, I haven't been disappointed with anything. I even did a custom order for a cute little onesie my son wore for his blessing: www.ryanandsarahmc.blogspot.com/2009//06/all-blessed-up.html
great questions! i want to know the same things, i have looked on their website, but everything seems so expensive. i haven't bought anything from there, but if i had money, i probably would spend too much.
ReplyDeleteWe like etsy. we even bought some cloth diapers there. People are generally very nice, prompt, and sensible. they are eager to please. I think it would be fun to sell, but it would take some work. I have some tips/ideas if you're in the mood to email about it. :)
ReplyDelete