Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Need a Laugh?

Monday Tyler and I treated ourselves to the best Mom&Pop Italian restaurant in town - Mateo's. Got the Manicotti. DELIC. Leftovers the next day were even better, if that's possible. (The mom asked about Tyler's mother, whom she has never met. She must have thought he was Brett or Jeff or Lance [wearing scrubs] ... who took their mother there?)

While waiting for our food we picked up the local Neighborhood Gazette and found the funniest list provided by Magisterial District Judge Jack Bova and had a good laugh!

The following are statements made to insurance companies about the reasons for car accidents. And don't forget that real local people actually claimed these things really happened! Haha!

  • Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.
  • The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions.
  • I thought my window was down, but I found out it was up when I put my hand through it.
  • I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
  • A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
  • A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
  • I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment.
  • In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
  • I was on my way to the doctor's with rear end trouble when my unusual joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.
  • To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.
  • My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
  • An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.
  • I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the street when I struck him.
  • The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go so I ran over him.
  • I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
  • The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

~Courtesy of June/July 2009 Neighborhood Gazette

5 comments:

  1. Classic!! Thanks for the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha... I think that may be Jeff's mom she was referring to. We have taken her their twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny...thanks, I needed a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny. Thanks for the laugh. I really do think it would be fun for us to plan a little trip together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we to took bretts mom there and my mom there twice! lol funny

    ReplyDelete