Well, Tyler is the best ever. He really is. So great, in fact, that this birthday tops all the rest and that I couldn't think of anything better to wish for when I blew out my candles than for each birthday to be as happy as this one. (Shhh! Don't tell! I want it to come true!)
The festivities started with a weekend trip to Palmyra to see the Hill Cumorah pageant and the historical sites there. It was fantastic! Tyler bought me some art there. More on this later...
The actual day celebration started an hour early. Around 11pm the night before when (while crawling into bed) Tyler walked into our room with my cake a-lit with candles and singing that well-known favorite. It was so precious, I can't even tell you.
The next morning was work as usual and my co-workers tried really hard to ruin the day for me, but Tyler and all of you kept saving it will emails, texts, phone calls, and facebook greetings. Thank you. I feel VERY loved.
About 3:00 he called me at work and said I should pack up and come out because he would be at my door to pick me up in a few minutes!! And what did I find when I climbed in the car??? Flowers, an incredibly sweet card, and my present! A new sleeping bag!!!!!!! LOVE IT.
While opening my presents he whisked us off to the movie theaters so I could see my dear friend Harry. After the show, we went shopping and he bought me a new pair of shoes. YES! Been needing brown heels for a long time now!
Then off to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was our second time there and wow - it really is delicious!! We got to watch the rainfall from our table, which I just loved.
After all that adventuring, we headed home so I could warm up in my new personal-heater-heaven bag and play games. He didn't study one ounce. He didn't read sports news. He didn't do anything but spend time with me and it was divine.
He opened the door for me all day and ran to the car in the rain while I waited inside. He was patient when people called and told me I looked beautiful. He was just 100% perfectly, wonderfully, amazingly my husband and it was the best birthday ever!
I'm so glad! You deserved a fabulous day!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweetheart! it sounds like the perfect birthday. good job tyler! happy birthday nicole!!
ReplyDeleteWah! That's the sound of me crying tears of joy for you both. What a happy day and what a sweet husband. You are both the best!
ReplyDelete