Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

What an adventure! Classic Girls Camp - it was a roller coaster. Lots of good times, lots of ... yea. But overall a great experience, one that, yes, I would do again.

And just might, now that I'm in YW long-term.

Here are some pics to help remind you what Girls Camp is all about!

Our Theme

Certification: Fire Building

13th Birthday
(Her dad came up for the day and thought I was one of the girls...)

Kayaking on the Lake

Certification: Knife Sharpening
(Even though we never use the knives...)

Tipping Canoes

Hiking

Pranks

New Friends & No Make-up

Catching Frogs

Camp Songs!
(And if you don't feel the spirit of Girls Camp yet, this video is a sure bet.)

5 comments:

  1. I remember my first year of girls camp and afterwards saying that I wanted to go to G.C. for the rest of my life. But by the last year, I was so over it. I don't think I could hack it as a leader in Girl's Camp. But then I saw that you got released from nursery. A) You will be a rockin Y.W. leader, B) I'd take Girl's Camp over nursery any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PA looks like a fun place to have Girls' Camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had fun at girls camp, I've been meaning to ask you how that went! And you sure are tan, I'm jealous! Guess I need to do more things outside! Talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Girls' Camp was a success! And congrats on your new calling...I hear it's a fun one :) I miss the girls and I am so glad they get to have you as a leader! You will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a YW leader?! Good for you! Way to make me feel old!!!:)

    ReplyDelete