Our little boy's due date is one month from today!!
I'm getting so excited to see him although I still can't picture him at all. I can envision his cute little body (I'm hoping he's small! healthy, but small), but I can't see his face. I can't picture his hair color or his nose's shape or his mouth or anything! You'd think after carrying around INSIDE OF ME for 35.5 weeks so far that my brain would be able picture something, but no. (My brain has been draining resources from Imagination and Remember to keep the Crazy Dream department working overtime.)
The good news is that he's growing just as he should! I had the first of my weekly-until-he-comes appointments today. My uterus has been measuring just as it should for weeks and he moved from head up last week to head down today! He still moves A TON and gets the hiccups at least twice every day.
Can't wait for March to pass by!!
I always think that it is weird that I can't picture my babies before they are born too...but the coolest part is that after I see them for the first time, it always feels familiar or something, like that was what I expected them to look like (even though I couldn't quite wrap my mind around what they looked like to begin with)...does that sound totally confusing? It feels confusing to write, it's hard to describe :)
ReplyDeleteHooray for your baby boy! I know exactly what you mean about not being able to picture your baby. After just a day, I felt like I knew her face better than my own, like of course she looks like that. Good luck with the final stretch!
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes! I can't believe it's almost baby time! YAY! I am so excited... you will have to post lot's of pictures! Also, Nicole, love the haircut but you know how I am always obsessed with your perfectly smooth, shiny, silky, pantene-pro-v-like-all-the-time hair! :) (P.S. Did you finish your class with Hart?)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Meredith, it takes all but 2 seconds to think this is exactly what your baby should look like even though you have no idea before-hand. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see what he looks like either!
ReplyDeleteHey Nicole! I hope you are still feeling great. One month!!! That is so exciting. Your post made me think about how before Stella was born we would always wonder what she looked like. Of course we really had no idea, but then I remember falling asleep the first night we had her and just picturing her little face in my mind. As soon as you see him you will instantly memorize every detail without even realizing it. I loved that moment, knowing I would know my child from that time forward. Good luck with your last few weeks! I will keep checking your blog to hear the good news!
ReplyDelete