Tuesday, March 8, 2011

11 Months


Our sweet boy is 11 months old today.  (I can hardly believe that 1 year is nearly knocking on our door.)  Last night, just before falling asleep, I looked through all the pictures on my phone that fairly consistently chronical his life.  It's amazing how much I love him.  It's also amazing how many phases he's already begun, been sevearly entrenched in for quite some time, and yet has now totally abandonded.  Like napping in the swing, or refusing to eat solids.  I still think Diane's advice at my baby shower was the best I received, "Whatever phase is just driving you batty or has you all worried, just remember it will end.  It will subside and pass and simply be over.  It will be fine."

One of Caleb's latest developments is a deeper interest in books.  His favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  But he typically likes any book with animals in it and hearing us imitate the noises they made.  He usually giggles when he hears meow and sometimes moo.  :)  I love his cuddling while reading.

Motor skill development includes cruising everywhere, walking with our two-handed help, and crawling up and down the stairs.   Sometimes I'm surprised by his ability to recover from an almost-fall.  He's really into putting things into and taking things out of containers.  If I could just teach him all the colors, he would be the best laundry-sorter on the planet.  He loves pulling the clothes out of the basket!  He still loves hinges: plays with doors and cupboards - open and close, open and close. 

He is just such a joy despite the hard moments.  We are so grateful for him!!

3 comments:

  1. "I see a yellow duck looking at me!" Hahaha... I had that rhyme stuck in my head several days after you left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Caleb's eyes! He is adorable and your pictures look great! You and Tyler need to give me some lessons on picture taking.

    ReplyDelete