Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Emily's Baptism

A few weeks ago one of our young women and my dear friend Emily was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It was so wonderful to be with her during that special day!  I got to help her with her white dress and be part of the program.  I may have cried a little tear of joy.

Em started checking out our church about the time we moved here.  We went to Girls Camp together that first summer and with my perpetual callings in YW, I've had lots of time to bond with her.  She graduates this year so who knows how much I'll get to see her in the years to come, but I'm so glad she's been part of my life in Pittsburgh so far.

The first picture is of her with the missionaries who taught her (well the latest ones!) and the Greenwalds who introduced her to the church.

The second is a terrible angle of Emily with her two Laurel leaders and of course Caleb cheesing it up for the camera.

The third picture is Emily with some of our other wonderful young women.  I wish I would have gotten one of all of them!

Congratulations Emily!  As I said that day, I know Heavenly Father loves you and I also know that He's so happy with your choice to be baptized!

1 comment:

  1. that's so exciting! she's been on her way for such a long time!

    seeing pictures of the church makes me nostalgic... :)

    ReplyDelete