I'm going to Girls Camp this year! That's right, Bishop decided I need a refresher (it's only been . . . ten years. WAIT. IT'S BEEN TEN YEARS???!) Okay, maybe I am an adult and it's time to be a leader . . .
Really, truly, I couldn't be more excited! Well, maybe I could be if my hubby was coming as one of the token men, but really, I'm ecstatic! I get to go with an amazing group of girls and a stunning group of leaders! I get to sing songs like, Father Abraham Had Seven Sons, A Boom-Chicka-Boom, and A Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe (a personal favorite). I get to prepare secret sister gifts, and help the girls do that too. I get to wear braids and no make-up for a week! I get to relearn how to tie knots so I can teach the girls how to do it. (Ty, help?)
I also get to be out in nature. I get to make friends and strengthen friendships. I get to hear the girls' sweet testimonies. Hopefully, I'll get to make a difference.
I get to go to Girls Camp. I couldn't be more excited.
I'm so stinking excited! You're going to be the best leader. :)
ReplyDeleteSo jealous! I always wanted to serve in the YW and got the chance once I had kids, so didn't get to go the whole time, but thankfully your Mom watched the kids and I got to go one night and it was a blast!! You will be awesome! (P.S. This is actually Mary your SIL using your parents computer while I do my laundry at your house and your Mom entertains the kids--your Mom is a saint!)
ReplyDeleteThat is so much fun! I loved girls camp minus the camping part of it! Word of advice: bring an ipod. There's nothing worse then getting camp songs permanently suck in your head. Have fun being the cool young adult leader!
ReplyDelete