Friday, March 27, 2009

Good Friday Choir

Two weeks from today, at 7:30 in the evening, I'll be wearing all black and a string of pearls. I'll be on the stage at 250 Dithridge Street in Oakland, calming my butterflies. Tyler will be in the audience. I'll be preparing to sing, and Tyler will be preparing to be wow-ed. :)

I actually kind of think this choir performance, all about the life, death and resurrection of our Savior, really will be that good. Stunning and moving. (But then again, I can't be totally sure seeing as I've only sung in the choir, not heard it.)

All in all, besides the talent (or lack thereof), the words we are singing are beautiful. They are true. And they mean a lot to me. That's why I'm writing this post, because, if you can, I hope you will come and listen! It will be a wonderful time to bask in the light and love of the Lord and all He has done for us. Hopefully we'll all feel His Spirit together.


In addition to us generally ameture singers, there will be a couple of professionals (see flyer) as well as the Monongahela Childrens Choir. (That's going to be super cute.) Our pianist is amazing. She's SO good. Our two directors are also professionals in that role, although everyone is voluneering their time and talent for this event.

I also got to make the flyers for this program. However, I didn't get to do the printing and I'm a little embarrassed of many of them that are hanging in the churches around because they were printed on old black and white printers.... so they didn't turn out that great. But here's the real deal. I've been having fun at work getting to know Adobe InDesign. I really like it!

So if you live in Pittsburgh, I hope you'll come!!! And invite your friends - it's going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. JEALOUS! I totally wish I could be singing in an Easter choir. And way to go with the flyers. They are very nice!

    ReplyDelete