1. By hand, by me.
or
2. By computer, by my grandpa.
This year Grandpa didn't offer (appropriate, I'm married), but I was worried about doing it myself. I wasn't about to pay someone, well, at least not entirely.
After countless recommendations, I decided on TurboTax. And I'm writing this post to say, "I couldn't be more pleased, unless of course, it was free."

For only $29.99 plus tax, I filed my federal return. (I used the Deluxe package.) You don't actually have to go buy the software anywhere (as I thought you did) - it's right there online. They simplify all of the ridiculous jargon, which saved me a lot of time.
The kicker came when they wanted to complete our state forms for #39.99 each. Well, with two states this year that would have totaled $100 which is simply too much for me! So I did the state ones on my own. The GREAT THING is that Utah and Pennsylvania each have an online system much like TurboTax! Very nice.
All in all, it only took me a Friday night and a few hours Saturday morning. I was super relieved that getting married and buying a house didn't complicate things beyond my comprehension.
So hats off to you TurboTax-Creators! You've made a very nice product.
I completely agree. Jason and I have used them ever since we got married too! Love it!
ReplyDeleteYeah girl! I've done it by hand and I'm with you. I'd pay a few bucks to avoid doing that again. Now you just have to wait . . .for your refund check!
ReplyDelete