Dear Spring,
I am so glad you came to visit this past weekend - I had such a wonderful time with you! I look forward to our first visit every year the most. It's so refreshing to see you.
We got to do so many great things while you were here. I wish I had taken some pictures!! Remember when we got to play tennis? Twice? Once with Tyler and once with Kimi? That was so fun! (I even have sore muscles from it!) Remember how the birds came to play too? They sang their beautiful songs that I enjoyed so much. Even though shopping is mostly an indoor experience, it was still more fun with you here! Likewise, having lunch with the Pitt girls and our hubbies on Friday was even better with your attendence. Remember how we got to enjoy opened windows together and drive without the heater blasting? You, both literally and figuratively, warmed our home with your sweet spirit.
Spring, you were so generous on this visit that I even got to wear shorts and flip-flops. Tyler's happy now because I shaved my legs for the first time since September, I'm happy because I got to free myself from the cumbersome weight of full-length pants, but unfortunately the rest of the world was slightly blinded by the brightness of my skin. Don't worry though, your friend Summer (or its evil twin, Tanning-Bed) will fix that last part.
Whenever you visit, I come up with new goals and ideas. For example, I want to organize a Girls Sports Saturday to rival the Boys Basketball Tournament. Ours will be better though because we won't limit ourselves to only one sport (BB), but rotate to something new every week: hiking, soccer, kayaking, swimming and more. Lots of times kids will be able to come too, which of course means all kinds of wonderful entertainment and fun for me. This is only an example of the ideas I get when you come to visit; I love our chats.
Spring, I hope you know that you are one of my dearest friends. I can't wait for you to come to stay for a while longer really soon. Although I don't like Winter's visit as much as yours, his visit does make me all the more excited for you. Thank you again for coming. Next time you come I'll be waiting with open arms and with Picnic Blanket and Frisbee in the back seat.
Safe travels on your return!
Love,
Nicole
PS Our guest bed has clean sheets waiting for you, so come soon!
You are too funny! I have to agree though. Spring is my favorite too!
ReplyDelete