No, not us. At least not right now. But some of our friends are. Story:
Tyler and I left some good friends in Utah. This group includes a couple: Isaac and Heidi. I worked with both of them in the German zone of the MTC, and Isaac was in our ward. The minute Heidi was hired at the MTC, I knew they were perfect for each other. (Although Isaac doesn't remember this) a few weeks later, exasperated at no news of them dating, I half-yelled, "Isaac!! When are you going to ask out your wife?!" I just knew they should get married.
A few months later, he finally did. Eventually they got engaged and are now happily married. All during their engagement, I totally loved to take credit for the union, even though he didn't even remember what I said!
Only at their reception did Isaac reveal that I did play a significant role in their successful marriage! Turns out they both attended my Halloween party fall 2006. This much I remembered. (BTW: My dance parties have a proven record of starting will-be celestial relationships.) Heidi, true to her German/Austrian name and love, wore a traditional dress from those parts. Unbeknown to me (although very logical), the perfectly-German-speaking Isaac thought she was a dream to behold that night. (She was - look at her.) Isaac didn't dress up (he's just to the right of Heidi here), but Heidi already knew that he was dreamy himself. Their first date was only a few days before.
So this party made sure there was going to be a second date, and maybe an eternity. Heidi still remembers Isaac dancing to Michael Jackson that night! (Fantastic job with the DJing, Tyler!!) In the weeks and months to follow they dated, having the time of their lives. Now they are happily married!! All because of my party! Okay, maybe not "all." But I'm happy to be part of such a great match just the same!
*And in case you were needing more proof that my history of dance parties is magical, eat this: Up to this day in our acquaintance, Tyler thought I was nerdy, slightly homely, and certainly uncool. My gangster costume made all the difference for him. Granted, we hadn't dated yet, but we never would have unless he had seen me make a gang sign. (He only told me this after we were married.) Dance parties are catalysts for marriages. At least my dance parties!
So back to the story. Although you might think Heidi and Isaac are the ones hoping to adopt, they aren't. It's Heidi's sister and brother-in-law. This couple, Davis and Rebecca, have been married for five years and are unable to have children of their own. They would love to be parents. The whole reason for this post is introduce their button on my blog, "Waiting for our little bird." It links to their blog and all about their hope to adopt. If you know anyone who is looking for adoptive parents for their child, you can send them to this link.
I agree that adoption is a beautiful thing that is all about love - mostly love for this precious baby, so recently come from God. As you can tell, I like helping significant human events happen, and if this little button happens to connect two sets a parents, I would be extremely happy to have some small part of it.

Nicole! Thanks for your friendship. And for throwing that Halloween party! ;)I miss you so much. I still wish we sould have been mission companions- that would have been so sweet. Thanks for helping us get the word out. You are so kind and thoughtful! I love you very much, and hope things are going well!
ReplyDeleteI linked to your blog from Heidi's - thank you so much for writing this! That post is so sweet. Also, thanks for hosting the awesome party, I'm glad to have Isaac for a brother-in-law! Thanks again for helping to spread the word.
ReplyDelete