Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Composting

Tyler and I started a backyard composting bin last fall. We haven't harvested any of our compost yet, but plan to when we plant our garden this year. I'm into because it's a cheap way to improve the soil in your garden and because it sends less trash to the landfill. I'm excited/interested to see how well it works in our garden this year! I'll keep you posted. :)


So I prepared this little handout for a 10-minute Relief Society Enrichment lesson on composting and thought I'd share (a) because it's something I've done lately and (b) in case you were interested. (If you click on it you should be able to see it bigger and more clearly.) Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Great information, Nicole. I hope it goes well for you this year. What do all of the asterisks refer to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They match up with the asterisks in the Don't Compost list. For example, you can compost all fruit and vegetable scraps, except large seeds like avocado and pumpkin seeds. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for teaching a great class on composting. I'm super impressed with the hand-out. And I'm excited to start my own little compost pile!!

    ReplyDelete