Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Four Crazy Birds (and Three Crazy Mountaineers)

Tyler and I each had a weekend with our buddies this summer. He hiked the highest mountain in Utah called King's Peak with two good friends, Lincoln and Lynn . They left one Friday after work, drove there and camped next to the mountain that night. They woke up at 6:00 the next morning and got on their way - they had to get all the way up and all the way down before it got dark. And they did it! I think it was about 25 miles round trip - thus they earn the title, "Three Crazy Mountaineers."


I was really proud of Tyler for actually doing it, and not just talking about it. He was so sore the next day, he could hardly walk to church. It was pretty funny!

--------------------

The Four Crazy Birds are my old roommates and me. We were "randomly" placed together freshman year in the dorms and then lived together in VP 59 for the next 3 years. Such good times. For roommate reunion this summer Ashley decided we should all surprise Alicia for her birthday, which we did, very well. She teaches school, so we just walked right into her classroom. Alicia was shocked and cried - it was so classic! I have a video, but think it best to only show it upon receiving written consent from Alicia. :)

One day of the trip we spent shopping for maternity clothes for Val, since it was around her birthday too. The dressing rooms at one of the stores, had these velcro-attaching bellies - I guess for expecting mothers who aren't showing yet. Or for non-pregnant women who want to see what they would look like... ??? (TY! Don't I look cute pregnant?!)


One night was spent in my apartment doing the classic girls night fun. Tyler spent the night with his old roommies... too bad it didn't line up with his hiking adventure. I can hardly say how much I love these girls.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy our little trip made it onto the blog but still wondering...did you REALLY post those pictures? Remember Nicole, some of us are still single :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. It's pretty easy to pick out the girl who's really pregnant, although your belly looks pretty convincing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! At least I didn't post the crying video! Beside I don't think many of your suitors will be reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete